Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Stage Blog#6- "Texas Sonogram Law" commentary by Alex Freitas


pregnancy-ultrasound-17-weeks.jpg



 
In Victoria's latest blog article: http://itscomplicatedtxgovt.blogspot.com/, “Texas Sonogram Law: The Road to Unnecessary Heartache”.She comments on the abortion –ultrasound law, I would have to say that I agree with her in some points mention in her blog. I believe in choices of freedom, but I’m not for unnecessary abortion. I agree with Victoria when she point s according to Rick Perry the law enforced that every Texas woman going in to abortion must have a sonogram with a doctor, 24 hours prior to the procedure. He explain this law is important to ensure that every Texas woman be aware about all the facts involved about the life she is carrying. I believe we all know that the Texas Senator is mainly Republicans, Christians, and Pro-life. I do believe the Rick Perry is trying to interfere in women’s decision to abort the pregnancy. I believe the author of this blog does a great job providing a concise backdrop on this subject. She brings a important points: talking about the emotional impact it will have on the woman, lawmakers “legislators and senators” doesn’t consider woman’s reasons to decided to abort, and mostly importantly who’s going to support most unmarried, teenager women’s. Of course, I believe that Rick Perry and 2/3 of Senator pass this bill not thinking about the brutal process a abortion can take its on a woman’s body, and mind, and women’s health. I would have to say that the government of Texas is trying to interfere in women’s choice by guilt place on these women in end a pregnancy. Now, I’m question the government Rick Perry and the legislative branch: Why? Only talk about abstinence in school. Why? Not teach and shown them the impact of early pregnancy has in woman’s body and life. Why? Not teach guys and girls different methods of prevent spread diseases and pregnancy. Why? Not show them an important sonogram of the fetus in early stages inside a woman. As a nurse I understand the concern for women’s health when it comes to abortions. I think its wrong to attempt to guilt these women in making a decision of end a pregnancy when we never thought about the consequences and risk involved.




No comments:

Post a Comment